Take part in the Township wide Clean-Up Challenge and help tidy our parks, streets and neighbourhoods!
Date: Saturday, April 18, 2015
Locations: Township Wide
Volunteer Hub Locations: Stop by the Nobleton Arena, King City Arena, or Dufferin Marsh-Schomberg
Gloves and garbage bags will be provided along with specific trash pick-up locations.
Registration: Register your group today and sign up volunteers by emailing email@example.com
- Participating community groups or individuals will be featured as Sustainable King Stewards for Change and included on the Facebook Page, Instagram and in the 2016 Spring and Summer Community Guide
- Pick and click Earth Day Clean Up photos – submit your photos to the Environmental Stewardship team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s all #BeAPartofIt Nobleton!
Drop by the Nobleton Arena for more information or to participate. You’re also welcome to join the Bluff Trail neighbourhood clean-up festivities. They will focus on picking up litter from the areas surrounding the ponds, park and ravines at Skyline and Bluff Trail.
Here are the details from event organizer and community resident Deepa Sarao:
Please meet at the Round-About at Hill Farm/Skyline between 9:30 and 10 AM for the Kickoff.
Highlights and expected outcomes:
*A chance to see your neighbours after a long winter and welcome the new neighbours.
*Councillor David Boyd will be joining us for this neighbourhood initiative.
*Possibility of event photos being featured in Next Year’s Parks & Rec Guide
*School council members will be in attendance from area schools to network and promote upcoming community events.
*The clean-up will result in a beautiful green space for all of us to enjoy through the summer.
*A very generous neighbour (Santo @ 37 Bluff) has offered to host a post-event Lunch BBQ on his driveway.
1) Any contributions for a refreshment stand are welcome. Cases of Water/Juice etc. (contact Deepa)
2) Any contributions to Santo’s BBQ lunch are welcome (Burgers, Hotdogs, Buns, Napkins, Plates). Please let us know in advance so we can plan the remaining purchases accordingly. Santo can be contacted via email at Santo@teamsessa.ca.
3) If you are an avid photographer, bring your camera. Your photos may be featured in community blogs, sites and publications.
4) Everyone is welcome – please forward this information to anyone who may be interested in joining us.
Note: if you have any specific questions, you can email Deepa — email@example.com